Why blog?

I'm blogging because it creates a real time account of thoughts and processes to not only help me with my degree course but also force me to actively reflect on a weeks, days work. I may repeat myself, I may spell things incorrectly. I may sound pretentious and wanky at points. There is no real excuse for any of this, and welcome someone telling me so. I also encourage people to disagree with me. Because it will force me to back up what I'm talking about, If I can't then thats something I need to identify!

Friday 6 February 2009

Perfomativity Workshop

The BA DATE students at Central were great, throwing them selves into my performativity workshop with Gusto. Because of the very open atmosphere, students were able to feed back in real time how the various exercises could be useful for them as practitioners. The connections they were (unknowingly) bringing up with NLP, as well as the ways in which certain exercises could be used to generate material has somehow developed from the acquired knowledge of my BA, my TA position at St Mary’s, and the beginning of my MA a Central. I question the ownership of the exercises that I used, as the majority had been adapted from those taught to me, although I doubt there is a need to reinvent the wheel. Performativity for me is an acknowledgement that our body and surroundings perform continuously, intentionally or not. If we can harness this performative state for performance, then we already add to a performance creative landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment